If left untreated, plaque and tartar buildup on your smile can do serious damage to both your teeth and gums. Fortunately, both can be treated if you are willing to keep your smile clean with effective oral health care habits and routines. The benefits of plaque and tartar removals include the following:
– If you do not eradicate plaque soon enough, it will harden into tartar, which can only be safely taken out by visiting your dentists.
– Plaque is a sticky film that envelops your teeth with a thin layer of debris and bacteria.
– Plaque buildup is a known source of gum disease.
– Plaque buildup is one of the premier causes of cavities, as bacteria in plaque can change sugars from foods into harmful acids that eat through tooth enamel.
– When treating plaque buildup, always do your best to keep your teeth clean by brushing twice daily and flossing once per day.
– If left untreated, plaque can eventually cause tooth loss.
– Tartar buildup can greatly increase your chances to develop gingivitis and even severe gum disease.
If you think your oral health could use a little extra work and would like to have a professional exam from our team at Ford Avenue Family Dentistry, simply book an appointment with Dr. Ray Wallace and the rest of our team at our dentist office in Richmond Hill, Georgia, by calling us at (912)756-2936. We will get you back to smiling once more!